Monday, March 1, 2010

Cultural Plan Update:

Take My Cultural Plan Survey Here!

Read about the Cultural Plan and the Downtown Master Plan here


Since February 13th, I have spoken with over 40 arts and cultural leaders in Missoula about this issue. When I say leaders, I mean people who run community arts projects, people who show their art, people who perform often in our community, people who organize arts events, promote bands, run businesses. Also those who teach young people, use the arts to heal , and those who raise cultural awareness. Some are members of large organizations that contribute a ton to our city, some are involved with city government, some work at the University. Within about 2 weeks, I've talked directly with at least 40 people who play impactful roles in our community. And I have appointments with more. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has taken their time to give me feedback! Your encouragement and thoughtful input has been invaluable to me!

Speaking of which, I would like to get some of that on paper, so I can start to build a strong case. That's why I just created a survey-- It will take you 3 minutes + to fill out. The only reason it will take you more than 3 minutes is because I created optional spaces for comments. And I would LOVE your comments. But you dont have to. At least say if you agree with the idea of a cultural plan. Take the survey here. Its so short and it WILL matter. I need a pile of stuff to plop on people's desks! ---WOOSH! --If you're into this idea, I cant make a difference without you behind me. You are my supporting evidence.

Also, I am planning a meeting for those who want to get more involved. If you're interested in attending, email me. It is tentativly going to be Tuesday March 23, in the evening, so save the date!

Spread the word! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment