Monday, March 8, 2010

First Friday, March 5th

This month's First Friday was much more varied than usual.. and it was impossible to go see everything. Each venue was packed with people, the streets were lively, and I daresay it was almost too crowded to get to see much art. The whole thing starts with Mark Heyka looking at the First Friday Gallery Walking Guide I created and distributed all over, and wraps up with Charles Martin and I having a shoot-out. My favorite thing--- every environment I went into was different from the last: I listened to Irish music, then on to Gamelon music, and then to a rock band. Then out onto the streets to meet lobbyists, protestors and petition holders. All taking place almost simultaneously. My final stop was the Ceretana, where you'll see Jonathan's work in the photos.

Note that First Friday was packed, but its NOT tourist season. Thus we can deduce that the experience is meaningful for residents, and lots of them. This is very heartening. I'm no photographer, so trying to whisk my camera around while also participating was a challange to say the least. I feel that these are (blurry) pinpoint references to a (kind of blurry) 360-degree landscape. And you're missing out on a whole ton of interesting jibberjabber.

Anyway, on with the pictures.






















1 comment:

  1. Word Debbie - 1st Friday was super packed - nice going Missoula art community!

    ReplyDelete